About our school
At Destinations Career Academy of New Mexico (NMDCA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there's an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with NMDCA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages NMDCA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
NMDCA at a Glance
Open to New Mexico residents in grades K–12
Personalized approach to education
Career and college prep for grades 7–12
Middle school career explorations courses
High school pathways in high-demand career fields
Preparation for industry certification exams*
*Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.
At Destinations Career Academy of New Mexico, we believe kindness is a key part of creating a safe learning environment. Join other students and families across the nation in spreading kindness every day. To learn more about our Be Kind 365 campaign, be sure to follow, like, and subscribe to our social media channels.
Get answers to the most common FAQs.
READY TO JOIN US?
Get the process started by creating a Parent Portal account or logging in to your existing account.