CAREER AND COLLEGE PREP
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
The Future Is Now
Technology skills are in demand—and no longer confined to a single industry. Are you ready to explore all the places IT skills can take you?
Which pathways are offered?
Programming & Software Development—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
Web & Digital Communications—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Systems support specialist
- Computer engineer
- Applications software developer
- Computer programmer
- Computer and information systems manager
- Software quality assurance engineer
- Systems software developer
- Digital media specialist
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe Certified Professional: Visual Design (Photoshop)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- CIW Site Development Associate
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- CompTIA ITF+
- Computer Science Principles II Python
- IC3 G5 Living Online
- NOCTI Computer Programmer (Job Ready)
- NOCTI Interactive Media (Pathway Assessment)
- NOCTI Visual Communications and Interactive Media (Job Ready)